To celebrate the start of a second successful year in business, www.findatvexpert.com is giving experts who want to be considered for TV&Media opportunities the chance to win a year’s free membership worth £100.
”Britain’s Got Experts and I want to help promote them to TV researchers, development producers and commissioners who are hungry for ideas, inspiration and the next ‘big thing’,” says Claire Richmond, ex TV producer and founder of findaTVexpert.com.
Everyone with the skills, training and qualifications to prove they’re an expert in their field of business can enter the competition, from architects to zoologists and all the experts in between - handymen & historians; wildlife, survival & adventure experts; sportsmen, business men & tradesmen; dentists & designers; scientists, sociologists, etc – because you never know what the industry will be looking for next.
So if you think you could be the next Hairy Biker, Kim or Aggie, Handy Andy, Jamie Oliver, David Attenborough, Jo Frost, Tanya Bryon, Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen, etc, here’s what you have to do for your chance to win a year’s free membership on www.findaTVexpert.com.
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6.00pm on Monday, 27th of April, 2009:
1. A paragraph of no more than 100 words explaining who you are, what you do and why you’d be a great TV Expert.
2. A current photo and contact number (daytime & evening).
3. A copy of your CV (or similar) outlining your employment history and the training/qualifications that prove you’re an expert in your field of business.
The competition opens on Friday, 17th of April and closes at 6.00pm on Monday, 27th April 2009. Completed entries will go into a draw and one winner will be picked at random and announced here and on the findaTVexpert twitter page on Tuesday, 28th April 2009 – the start of findaTVexpert’s second year in business.
”If you’re an expert and you want to get on the industry’s radar, this is the competition for you,” says Richmond. “In the 12 months since findaTVexpert launched last year, experts with a wide range of skills have been found and booked for TV&Media interviews, screentests and appearances including Doctors of Clinical Psychology, Pharmacists, Personal Finance experts, Property Developers, Debt Doctors, Fashion Stylists, Stockbrokers, Career Strategists, Scientists, Historians, Online Shopping Experts, Horticulturalists, etc – and you could be next,” added Richmond.
Terms and conditions apply:
1. The competition opens on Friday, 17th April and closes at 6.00pm on Monday, 27th April 2009. Entries received after that time will not be considered.
2. To be eligible you must be an expert in your field of business with the skills, training and qualifications to prove it; over 18 and a UK resident. And you must not have any previous criminal convictions.
3. Proof of age and eligibility may be required.
4. By entering this competition you agree to comply with these terms and conditions and you agree that your entry may published in all media, adapted, in whole or in part at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
5. All eligible entries must be received via email and contain a paragraph of no more than 100 words explaining who you are, what you do and why you’d be a great TV Expert; a current photo & contact number and a CV (or similar) outlining your employment history and the training/qualifications that prove you’re an expert in your field of business.
6. All eligible entries will be entered into a draw on the 27th of April 2009 after the closing time. One winner will be picked at random and announced on the 28th of April on the findaTVexpert twitter page (http://twitter.com/findatvexpert) and the findaTVexpert blog
7. findaTVexpert bears no responsibility for entries which don’t make it into the draw because they’ve been blocked or identified as junk email, spam, etc.
8. findaTVexpert will not acknowledge receipt of any entry that is sent in.
9. Entries that fail to meet the eligibility criteria or otherwise fail to meet these terms and conditions will not be entered into the draw.
10. The prize is a year’s free membership on findaTVexpert.com, which gives experts the chance to create a searchable Profile & CV and be promoted to the TV industry.
11. The winner will have until the 15th of May to register their details on www.findaTVexpert.com. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize and findaTVexpert reserves the right to award the prize to the next eligible entry picked at random.
12. There is no alternative prize or cash equivalent and the prize is non-changeable and non-transferable.
13. The winner may be required to participate in publicity relating to the competition.